Marketing Communications needed an online hub for all activities related to BCIT’s 50th Anniversary. This site housed news stories, photo galleries, an event calendar, contest entry capabilities, a Knight Lab history timeline and more.
- theme co-development (with a colleague)
- site build
- plugin research and sourcing for entry forms and timeline slider
- Gravity Forms contest entry forms and interaction design
BCIT’s Marketing Communications department wanted a responsive site for its 50th anniversary celebrations. For the most part, this was a brochure site, highlighting events and news. However, it also needed to accommodate an interactive homepage timeline history slider and the signature “Colour Your Campus” contest, allowing faculty, staff and students to submit photo entries outlining installations they would design to brighten up various areas of the Burnaby campus.
This was really my first major effort using Gravity Forms. It’s since become one of my go-to plugins for rapid WordPress site development.
- Copy and images highlighting BCIT’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
- Several contest entry forms with automatic date-based cut-offs, allowing image attachment/copy submissions.
- Customized Knight Lab timeline implementation.
- Responsive (mobile-first) design.
While this event has long passed, the whole celebration was recently archived into an Issue online presentation.