It had been four years since BCIT’s last Open House. We built the Open House 2012 event site in jQuery, with two different versions for mobile and desktop. For 2016, the scope included some registration forms and basic static content, but needed to have a robust, filterable event display guide with campus maps/wayfinding.
- child theme design & customization
- site build
- display filtering & registration form interaction design
- project & client management
Similar to 2012, this project was low on upfront analysis, but this time it was because of having a better idea of what we were doing and the decision to leverage some fairly slick WordPress plugin-ry. There were also other gamification (neartuit) and wayfinding features of the live event, which the site had to accommodate and promote.
- Sortable program guide display, entertainment and amenity listings.
- Maps/wayfinding features for all program guide listings.
- Advance online attendee, volunteer and school tour registration.
- Responsive (mobile-first) design.
This event has now passed, and is no longer available online.